There are two ways you can transform your dog's diet. Order a free sample or become a subscriber by clicking HERE. Either way you get a personalized recommendation from our COAST+RANGE nutrition experts based on the unique needs of your dog.
At COAST+RANGE we make small-batch, gently-baked foods that are high in quality animal protein and low in carbs. We use a limited number of high quality ingredients you know are good for your dog. We nourish your dog with our whole food ingredients and, unlike our competition, don't use synthetics vitamins, minerals and amino acids made in a lab. In addition to making the best food possible we offer benefits including:
Personalized recommendations - Feeding recommendations from our Nutrition Experts provide peace of mind that you are feeding the right food based on your dog's unique needs.
Predictive nutrition management - We provide recommendations on when to change your dog's food as their needs change (which happens more frequently than pet parents think).
Automatic home delivery - No more lugging heavy bags of dog food or running out of food. We deliver the right amount of food for your dog every 20-40 days.
Free shipping on all orders.
Multi-dog discount - register two or more dogs and get 10% off EVERY order.
Get a detailed price quote for your dog HERE
We accept payment from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB Diners Club credit cards.
We use Stripe to process our subscription orders and Shopify Payments to process sample orders. Both are PCI Service Provider Level 1 Certified - the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. You can learn more about Stripe HERE and Shopify HERE. We do not store credit card information on our servers to minimize the risk of data theft. Our sample orders are processed by
Our foods exceed all AAFCO standards for puppies (what AAFCO calls "Growth and Reproduction") and adult dogs (what AFFCO calls "Adult Maintenance"). We are a licensed and registered pet food company in each state where we do business and adhere to all state and federal government laws that govern the sale and production of pet food.
We want you to be completely happy and your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If you are unhappy with the purchase of any COAST+RANGE product contact Customer Service at 866-696-1397 to arrange a return and we will refund you for cost of any unopened product less shipping.
We offer FREE shipping on all orders within the contiguous U.S. We currently do not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, or APO/FPO/DPO addresses. We do not currently ship outside the USA.
- Simple formulas with 22 or less ingredients you recognize
- High protein levels (40% protein or higher)
- Reduced carbohydrate levels (30% carbs or lower)
- No added grains, glutens, corn or soy (99% free of these ingredients or better)
- No added chicken (At least 99% chicken-free)
- Single main protein source (one protein source makes up 90% or more of the meat used in our formulas)
- No synthetic amino acids (we deliver the required amino acids from meat)
- Limited supplementation We only add zinc and choline, everything else comes from nature.
COAST+RANGE products are not sold in pet store. Instead, we sell directly to you from our website so your dog gets the right food for their unique needs. This also ensures that your food is as fresh as possible - we strive to get from bakery to bowl in 90 days or less (most pet food is 6 to 9 months old by theme it gets to your home). You can personalize a sample or subscription order HERE.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard than pet food companies that rely on AAFCO feeding trials. The requirements for these trials are incredibly weak and only last 26 weeks. They are considered a success if the feeding trial keeps as few as 8 dogs alive and that those dogs don't lose more than 15% of their body weight. These companies can exclude 25% of the dogs from their test so technically they only need to keep 6 dogs alive during this period. So much for safety!
At COAST+RANGE we use the AAFCO nutrient standards when formulating our foods which have been in use for nearly 20 years and are superior to feeding trials because they demonstrate efficacy over long periods of time (last time I checked most dogs live longer than 26 weeks). Our foods exceed all requirements which mean they are above all AAFCO minimum requirements and below all maximum requirements – so your dog doesn’t just survive, it THRIVES.
Unfortunately, many of the pet food companies that use feeding trials to establish the nutritional adequacy of their foods are doing so to avoid meeting minimum AAFCO requirements. One of the most obvious tricks is to formulate a food with less than the required minimum of 18% protein (for adult dogs) by doing a feeding trial. This is totally legal and allows the pet food company to reduce their costs (protein is more expensive than cheap fillers) and still sell their foods.
You can learn more about our commitment to safety and nutritional adequacy HERE.
- Are high in animal protein and low in carbs
- Use a small number of ingredients that you recognize and know are good for your dog
- Deliver the nutrients your dog needs from whole ingredients - not synthetic vitamins and minerals made in a lab.
- Don’t contain added grains, glutens, soy, or corn.
- Will never include any ingredients sourced from China.
Safety is a big problem in the premium dog food industry, which averages about 12 major recalls a year. Our commitment to safety sets COAST+RANGE apart from the competition. We follow a rigid set of safety standards that far exceeds industry requirements including:
1. Ingredient supply: We get to know every supplier and choose only the ones that can meet our safety, quality, and ethical processing standards. We also disclose the origin and purpose of EVERY ingredient.
2. Manufacturing: We produce our foods in a brand new, state-of-the-art pet food bakery in the rolling hills of northern Illinois. Before contracting with this bakery we spent 12 months evaluating nearly two dozen different pet food manufacturers in North America. And only one met our strict quality and safety standards.
3. Safety and nutritional testing: We perform all of the nutritional and safety testing required law. We go above and beyond industry standards by performing over a dozen additional safety tests on EVERY BATCH of food we make. We are not aware of any other pet food company with a greater commitment to safety testing than COAST+RANGE.
Our foods are safe and nutritious for up to twelve months from the date of baking. We produce our products in small batches to maximize the freshness and strive to get from bakery to bowl in 90 days or less. This means you never have to worry about getting product that is past its useful life.
Our nutrition experts include a team of PhDs, veterinarians and holistic pet nutritionists who have a combined 100 years of experience in pet nutrition. You can learn more about them HERE.
- To maximize freshness, keep the food in the bag it came in (don’t transfer to another container) and keep the bag sealed using the zipper enclosure.
- Keep the bag in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Pour a quarter cup to a half cup of filtered water or bone broth on top of the food before feeding. This will help maximize nutrient availability and help to hydrate your dog.
- Give them lots of exercise and love. It will make both of you feel great!